I rarely make my yearly resolutions or goals public. I normally think about some things I’d like to do, maybe I’ll write them out but then I’ll just see where the year takes me. I really don’t mind doing that and have quite enjoyed going with the flow. However this year is going to see some big changes in my life and I think I need to introduce some forethought and planning into my year if I want to come out of the other side still feeling like myself.
In June we are expecting our first baby and one of the best pieces of advice I’ve been given so far is to try and continue living life the way you want to. If you enjoy travel, travel with the baby. If you like eating out, you can take the baby along! Knowing myself if I don’t push myself to get up and get out of the house, I’ll just laze around all day and do nothing and that’s not good for me or the baby. So I’ve set myself 8 goals for the year. I’ve been fairly kind to myself I think, but still tried to push myself out of my comfort zone a bit.
1. I’d like to read 50 books*. I did this in 2016 without too much trouble so lets give it another shot.
2. Visit 3 new places. I’ve left this fairly vague for a reason, practically speaking I’m not going to be jetting off to new countries this year with a big baby belly or a tiny tot in toe.
But England is a beautiful country and one that I’m embarrassed to say I’ve seen very little of. Closer to home even, I’ve really seen very little of Norfolk and East Anglia so I need to plan some weekend trips out!
3. Sew an item of clothing. I know how to sew, and I know how to sew clothes. I made a dress for the evening do at my wedding so I know I can make things I like wearing and want to do this more. But this item of clothing doesn’t have to be for me. Maybe a tiny baby bonnet is all I’ll manage this year but that’s OK too.
4. Learn a new skill. Again a fairly vague one but there’s a whole year for me to figure out something new I’d like to learn!
5. Do something new every week. I work part time and so unless I make plans to do things my free time can end up being wasted. I don’t feel like I push myself out of my comfort zone enough and what to try and make sure that I don’t waste my last few months of child freeness. When baby is here I’m sure there will be a ton of new things I’ll be doing.
6. Blog and Vlog more. I’d like to pick up my YouTube channel again and get back into the good blogging habits I started at the end of last year. Lets see!
These next two are things I’d like to do BB (Before Baby)
7. Declutter. We’re about to introduce a small human and all its associated paraphernalia into our home… There’s not a lot of space.
8. Do a waste free month. This ones going to need a bit more thought but we actually throw away very little general waste so what can I do to reduce that even more? This one really excites me and will probably come with a bunch of blog posts and videos *fingers crossed*
*I’m going to do a YouTube video about my reading goals for the year. Got a few prompts for myself.