I’ve seen a lot of people doing a kind of seasonal bucket list and I really like the idea. It can be really easy to miss out on the changing seasons, what with work and life taking up so much time. Having a small list of things you’d really like to do and planning time to do them is a great way to ensure you really appreciate your time. It can be so easy to make no plans and waste a weekend or day off. Here’s my Autumn to-do list!
- Have a snuggle picnic. I totally made up the name of this. I wanted to go for a picnic during the summer and never did. So I’d like to pack up loads of blankets and cushions and snuggle up in a park with an autumnal picnic!
- Bake Parkin and/or Gingerbread. Parkin is a traditionally northern English cake or biscuit. Like gingerbread but made with black treacle. Perfect for nibbling around a bonfire.
- Go fruit picking. Any Norwich based folks with tips on where to pick fruit hit me up!
- Have a dinner Party. For me, Autumn feels like the perfect time to fill your house with friends and delicious food.
- Carve a Pumpkin. Ok so it’s cliche but I do love carving pumpkins and it lends itself perfectly to my last one…
- Make pumpkin pie (and make mum try it). I love pumpkin pie and it shocks me that my mother has never had it. (although that would explain why I never had any until my 20s). This year I’ll be sure to get mum to try some. This is my favourite recipe
It’s taken me to the end of this list to see that I obviously like food in Autumn…. All food based!
What’s on your Autumn bucket list?