I’ve seen a lot of people doing a kind of seasonal bucket list and I really like the idea. It can be really easy to miss out on the changing seasons, what with work and life taking up so much time. Having a small list of things you’d really like to do and planning time to do them is a great way to ensure you really appreciate your time. It can be so easy to make no plans and waste a weekend or day off. Here’s my Autumn to-do list!
- Have a snuggle picnic. I totally made up the name of this. I wanted to go for a picnic during the summer and never did. So I’d like to pack up loads of blankets and cushions and snuggle up in a park with an autumnal picnic!
- Bake Parkin and/or Gingerbread. Parkin is a traditionally northern English cake or biscuit. Like gingerbread but made with black treacle. Perfect for nibbling around a bonfire.
- Go fruit picking. Any Norwich based folks with tips on where to pick fruit hit me up!
- Have a dinner Party. For me, Autumn feels like the perfect time to fill your house with friends and delicious food.
- Carve a Pumpkin. Ok so it’s cliche but I do love carving pumpkins and it lends itself perfectly to my last one…
- Make pumpkin pie (and make mum try it). I love pumpkin pie and it shocks me that my mother has never had it. (although that would explain why I never had any until my 20s). This year I’ll be sure to get mum to try some. This is my favourite recipe
What’s on your Autumn bucket list?